Abstract - journal of science
Abstract
CHARACTERISTICS OF HOSPITALIZED PATIENTS WITH END STAGE RENAL FAILURE (ESRF) IN SALMA RENAL DIALYSIS CENTRE, KARTOUM, SUDAN

Health-setting study was conducted to determine the Characteristics of Hospitalized Patients with End Stage Renal Failure (ESRF) in Salma Renal dialysis Centre, Khartoum, Sudan. The required data were collected by direct interview with 50 patients who were hospitalized at the centre. It was found that most of patients were males 32(64%) while the rest 18(36%) were females. About 3(6%) of patients were in age group ≤ 20 years, 24(48%) were aged 21-40 years of old, 19(38%) were 41-60 years and only 4(8%) were above 60 years. Illiterate patients represented 26% and educated ones were 74% of the sample. The disease occurred suddenly in 31(62%) and gradually in 19(38%) of patients.